Friday, October 17, 2008

Arriving in Germany

Journal entry:Sunday May 10, 2008 Arriving in Germany

Auf or noch Chemnitz…… 1 am in the morning. Actually now it is 2:30am. Germany. We are in our apartment, and I think it will fill our needs quite well.


We arrived in Germany and went to the Mission Home. Yesterday Sister Prophet picked us up at the airport and then we met with the Mission President in the evening. He was gentle and kind with both of us. We met with Axel Lutters Son. He is a missionary here. That was awesome. What wonderful young people they truly are, the hope of the next generation. We must do all we can to bless them and care for them and help preserve the heritage they must carry on. The mission president Borcherding. Well that is misspelled. Anyway he lived in Stuttgart, one of the places Doug served on his mission. He knew him as a small child. A kind and gentle leader who loves the Lord. He counseled us to Be Happy and serve using the inspiration the Lord would grant us. He also said a lovely prayer in our behalf. Doug couldn't hear it and I could not understand it but I found myself crying through the whole thing.



We drove here having a difficult time with our GPS unit. I do not know what happened but it took us forever. Oh my I do not want to think about it. I hope it is not a mini Cosmo of our experience here. Doug upset and not trusting what it was telling us to do. It was quite interesting to say the least. Especially when it had taken us for some strange reason through many of the country little towns. Instead of the fast route of the freeway. Yes I am sure there is some symbolism in all of this...More to learn...that is for sure.



It is hard to leave my family. I know I will be comforted and be able to move through this and let it be. The Lord promised through the blessing given by my Stake President before we left that they would be safe and move forward spiritually and prosper. All lovely blessings. And so desired by a parent in behalf of their child.



I am writing in my journal at 1:30am in our new apartment in Chemnitz Germany. This is an emotional time for me. One in which my weaknesses are very apparent. The need for the forgiveness of my husband and the Lord. It is truly humbling.


As I prayed this early morning, I had in my mind a scripture that I felt the
Spirit in which I could feel my Father saying," Ask, Arlaine, and I will bless you."


And so in prayer I asked for several things that are important to me on this mission that I would desire to accomplish. I feel I need to review these goals often.

An ability to share each day with at least one person, a significant testimony or to feel the Spirit as I share.
Help me to learn to love to cook and feed people good healthy foods. Please Father let this not be a burden but a delight.
A special gift of Love for the People we are to serve.
The ability to set goals in relationship to the language and work on them for the next year and a half.. Moving forward Every Day.. A plan that I can actually see my self moving forward.
Support my husband as you would have me do, Father. I need help and I know you will help me.
A blessing for each of our children and their families that each of them, Father, will move forward in their lives, to have testimonies increase, to feel the love of good neighbors, and to have the gospel touch their hearts to accomplish their goals. To receive the blessings promised in our setting apart.


These are the goals that seemed clear to me this morning as I humbly went before the Lord in Prayer. Asking...



Now I am having a difficult time already oh my, well I think it is just humbling to be here. I ask for help to love where I am and not to spend too much time feeling sorry for myself. What a waste of time.. But to rejoice in the Lord where all things are possible. Where we are given opportunities to learn and grow and become those things we profess.

Sister Austin

No comments: