Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Endings

my son (and the rest of you who read this), the failing computer saga has taken a new turn. Let me explain. After our discussion (with Chris) last night I was ready to throw the laptop out the window. I played with it a little more but could not get it to boot up except in safe mode.

So when I woke up this morning I decided I would take it to the computer shop where they helped me before. They specialize in selling systems and components to build systems, like some of the shops you bought parts from in the old days, even a bit like I Sq but more walk in consumer oriented. So at 10 this morning I walked in and the service guy laughed when he saw me cause I've been there so often he probably knows my first name, i.e. Elder. I explained the problem and to show him I turned on the computer. Surprise, it booted right up and functioned like nothing had happened. While there I asked him to look at the USB2 driver situation which he did and since they are all there he thinks there is a problem with the motherboard or whatever board the external USB ports use.

I was happy and headed home with a few tears in my eyes (you know the old pee in the eye problem). The reason was that before I left for the shop this morning, frustrated as I was which I'm sure you noticed on the phone, mom and I asked a prayer, a simple one, that the computer could be quickly and easily made to function properly so we could use it to further the work to which we are called, among that being to show Church videos on the weekly street display we do. It was a plea that the machine could be made to function and without his help we did not know what to do. No fuzzy feelings came and no comfort that it would all work out, just a hope our prayer would be answered. So when it booted up I was overjoyed and thanked my Heavenly Father silently (and the service tech verbally) and headed home where mom and I again offered a prayer of gratitude. That experience, silly as it may sound, maybe was another small test for me personally that I learn to trust in Heavenly Father more because there are some things I just cannot fix myself. Anyway, thanks for your help and patience Chris and remember we love you all.

pops

No comments: