Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Opa's Scripture of the week

January 9, 2009

It's been so long since I did the Scripture of the Week I think I should call it the Scripture of the Quarter. Sorry! I wil try to do better in 2009.

It's been interesting to watch world geo-political and financial events unfold over the last few years. The last 2 emails I have sent reflect my thoughts that we could be in for some tough times economically and otherwise, scary stuff I think, yet it is not wise to let fear rule our lives. That tough times come, whether economically or otherwise, i.e., health, natural disasters, etc., is a given with life. We can prepare, given enough time, for many of these events, but probably what best helps us get through these times is the relationship with have with each other and with our Father in Heaven and his Son, Jesus Christ. Perhaps being here in Germany as a missionary has strenghtened my testimony of the power of His love for us which helps us overcome fear, repent of our mistakes and sins and endure in his Gospel to the end. With that thought in mind I send the following scripture:


John 14: 27

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you….Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


May each of us live in accord with the gospel of Jesus Christ and feel his love for us as individuals as it helps us to overcome all fear. Go do the right thing. Love.

Opa

No comments: