Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Raising Children in Truth and Light


For all my daughters and dauther-in-Iaws I thought it would be fun to send a thought a week using the quotes I put in the book I gave last year with all the picutres. These come from "Postive Discipline Guidelines in the book by Jane Nelsen.

Raising Children In Truth and Light

The quote is, "Misbehaving children are discouraged children, who have mistaken ideas on how to achieve their primary goal. To belong. Their mistaken ideas lead them to misbehavior."

Sometimes as children of our Heavenly Father we are all hungry, or tired, or too stimulated or in pain. This is true not only for young children but all of as well. These become the times when we are discouraged and want to feel we are loved. Many times a child just needs a bit of time and attention and they are fine.

I remember a time when I was busy in a church calling for our ward trying to get everything done and it seemed impossible with this little baby Amy hanging on me trying to get my attention. I remember saying this prayer to my Heavenly Father, that I was busy doing His work and,"Would you please take care of this crying child while I get your task done." I will never forget the profound thought that came into my mind. "She is your 1st priority and in this moment it is more important that you take care of her." I can still remember where I was when those thoughts entered my head. I was walking up the stairs in our home in West Jordan. I stopped everything I thought was so important and kneeled down and gave my full attention to this little Amy. As soon as she felt I was really there for her she was fine. I marveled that it took such a short time. I then, in peace and calmness, completed my other tasks.

I love this little poem

How do I know just who I am
I learn from you who I am
Within your eyes I see
reflected me.

Thank you cute moms and moms to be. You are learning with your children the principals of Godhood..



Love Mom Arlie

No comments: